Monday, July 25, 2011

Better late than never-ADHD study

I NEED to get back on here!  I NEED to start blogging on here. With the information that I got 2 weeks ago at our genetic study I will be starting to write on here more.

Having said that, I got this e-mail from The Drama Mama about an ADHD study that is being conducted.


Hello,

My name is Abigail Mintz, and I am a doctoral student at the University of Maryland, College Park. I am conducting a research study to learn more about fathers who have children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) so that we can eventually use this knowledge to improve treatment for families of children with ADHD.  I am contacting you because you come across families of children with ADHD often, and I am hoping you might be able to help me recruit biological fathers of 5 - 12 year old children with ADHD or undiagnosed significant attention/disruptive behavior problems. Participation in this study would consist of completing online questionnaires (asking about parenting, behavior and emotions, and their child's behavior) which will take approximately 30 minutes.

Participants will be entered into a drawing with a 1 in 50 chance of receiving a $50 Amazon gift certificate. Those who are interested can follow the link below to the study. This link will direct you to all informed consent documents and the study.

LINK TO STUDY:

https://sites.google.com/site/learningaboutfathers/

Please note that mothers of children with ADHD can help us as well by forwarding this study information to their child's father. Questions about the study can be directed to me via email: amintz@psyc.umd.edu. University of Maryland at College Park IRB Protocol # 10-0678.

All the best,

Abigail D. Mintz, M.S.
Clinical Psychology
Department of Psychology
University of Maryland, College Park
(301) 405-4606
amintz@psyc.umd.edu


No comments:

Post a Comment