Monday, January 17, 2011

Book Review: All About My Brother

I had a project to do this past spring for a class I had in diversity in language arts where I had to review children's books.  After receiving Chris' autism diagnosis shortly before this assignment I looked for a book to review that was about autism and how to explain what it was to children.  Along came "All About My Brother" by Sarah Peralta.

"All About My Brother" is a written by an eight year old child who happens to have a  brother with autism.  It uses technical but kid friendly terms when explaining what autism is, what it can look like, and how autism may affect sibling relationships.  I recommend this book to anyone who has a child who is autistic.

Now to launch the new Parent Warrior site...thanks to Genie Girl Graphics, I am doing my first of many giveaways.  In 7 days from now someone can be the lucky winner of the book "Don't Call me Special: A first look at disability" by Pat Thomas.  I will chose the lucky winner with random.org.  To win this book you must first follow this blog.  For a second entry you can follow me on twitter .  For a third entry, send me a link  at parentwarriors@gmail.com for your blog to include in mine.  After all, we are ALL here to support each other!  For yet another entry, grab my button to the left and put it on your blog. Leave me a separate comment for each extra entry you do.


5 comments: